First you have to be willing to ask
(If you’re in a hurry you can skip directly to my “Housing Wanted” listing further down the page by clicking here. Warning fair (as the emcee sings in “Cabaret”: If you do, you’ll miss out on some really good stuff!)
Let me tell you about what happened on the Solstice.
My daughter Rose (the photographer of the images here) spent the night Saturday so we could get up early and do some tidepooling at Fitzgerald Preserve (there are always very low tides around the Solstices). I woke up even earlier than I planned, inspired to put together some supplies for a ritual in the Cypresses just up the hill from the beach.
I raided my stashes of magical supplies. I painted rocks and feathers red and gold. I cut some red and gold cords, and pulled red and gold strands of Mardi Gras beads. Six of everything.
(I even dressed in red and gold as you can see in the photo.)
Rose and I split the stash and each walked alone “Solstice bombing” the grove, stating our prayers, wishes, requests, and intentions with each item we left behind. We placed rocks on the ground and feathers in the tree bark. We tied cords to tree trunks and wove the beads around fence posts and bench slats.
With everything I placed, I asked for help. I asked to be led to my next beautiful home. I asked for clarity. I asked for ease. I asked to be released from fear and struggle.
And now I get to ask you!
When asking for help, it’s a good practice to always ask the Divine first.
Right? Think about it. Everything you do when you have a conscious contact with Source goes better than when you don’t.
As it says in the Kabbala: “Beside every blade of grass is an angel saying “Grow, grow, grow.”
What’s your experience like with asking for help? I’d love to know; please leave a comment below.
Here’s the text of the listing that I am will be linking to as I post my “Housing Wanted” everywhere. At least it’s the listing as I know it to be so far. Ideas keep coming to me, and I certainly don’t want to leave anything out! I will be updating here as things change. Here we go:
Help me find my next home
I am a positive, healthy, responsible, loving, and heart-centered business coach and branding/web designer looking for my next amazing live/work situation and I think you might be able to help me find it! Please take 5 minutes to read through my post and share with me any ideas, leads, suggestions and referrals that come up for you. And of course pass this on if you know of someone who might have an opening or know of one!
What I’m looking for
- A place where I can feel at home, where I can feel safe, and where I can thrive
- A sweet home in the East or North Bay where I can live and work, and which I can cherish and care for, in a long-term rental relationship. A house, a cottage, an in-law, an awesome apartment….?
- An open and friendly environment. Respectful. Drama-free. Quiet(ish) neighbors.
- Ideal locations: Oakland (where I live now), Berkeley, Emeryville, Alameda in the East Bay; Sebastopol, Cotati, Petaluma in the North Bay. That’s my list of desired locations, but I can go pretty much anywhere for an ideal situation — especially to a good walking neighborhood.
The things that really call to me in a home:
Some of these are must-haves, some are nice-to-haves; a good combination will light me up and have me signing a rental agreement as fast as possible!
- wood floors
- a gas stove
- W/D or hookups
- 1+ bedrooms (an alcove or additional room for my office)
- some outside space (for grilling and a bit of gardening)
- lots of light
- offstreet parking and a porch would be nice
- a garage or other ample storage
I don’t know what combination of features will combine to create the home I choose. What I do know is that I can have what I want even if I don’t know what it all looks like.
More about me
- The spiritual energy where I live will be high. I meditate and do yoga and I am primed to fervently love my home.
- I run an online business from home (as you can see from the other pages on this website — you can read even more about me here). I serve women changemakers and healers by supporting them with branding, web design, and sharing their magic in the world. I rarely (maybe twice a year, if that) see clients in my home.
- I’m a loving, caring, amazing woman with a lot to give.
- I am mature (mid-60s), healthy, positive, responsible, and I take exquisite care of myself and my home and office. I don’t smoke, drink, or take drugs.
- I work from home, so I’ll be around a lot, and wonderful nourishing and nurturing cooking and fermenting (kombucha, sauerkraut) will be taking place every day.
- I only use earth-friendly ingredients to clean; you can count on your home being lovingly tended with no chemicals in sight. And I never leave dishes in the sink.
- I’m open to living alone and I’m open to living with another heart-centered, amazing woman.
- I’m looking for a great situation — I trust that there is an infinite number of situations inside of which I could be happy.
Some ways this might manifest
- Finding a place on my own
- Finding a housemate and looking together (or living together in an established share situation — maybe your housemate just moved out?)
- Moving in with someone who has “too much house” — ideally an in-law or granny space
- Or…maybe something I haven’t even thought of? Your ideas are welcome!
Why am I moving?
This place I rent — where I’ve lived and worked for over eight years — is being sold by my landlady to her family. I am negotiating a timeline and buyout with her right now; it looks like I have the rest of this year to move but the terms of the buyout make it better for me to leave as quickly as I can. I’m looking now and will be ready to move by August 31, 2015.
So here’s my ask:
Now that you know what I’m looking for, do any leads, suggestions, or referrals come up for you? Please get in touch and I will follow up! (510) 698-6245. Or even better: email. And send pictures if you can!