“Can you see the holiness in those things you take for granted–a paved road or a washing machine? If you concentrate on finding what is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.” — Rabbi Harold Kushner
- I am grateful for a beautiful beautiful weekend.
- I went to Harbin Hot Springs yesterday with friends. Gorgeous weather, hours soaking in the meditation pool, napping, good conversation, a walk in the woods (see picture, right).
- I’m grateful for the best soup I’ve ever had. We ate at Harbin’s restaurant and I had the roasted yam coconut soup. Wow!!
- I’m grateful for the generosity of my coven sister, Gina, who is doing orthopedic acupuncture for me. She’s such a gift in my life!
- I’m grateful for a beautiful visit with Iris and her nearly two-year-old son Seamus. We walked and played and climbed. Lovely lovely!
- I’m grateful for completing my latest entertainment obsession. Watching the new movie version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy made me remember how much I loved the books (the Karla trilogy: TTSS, The Honourable Schoolboy and Smiley’s People) and the BBC miniseries (TTSS and Smiley’s People, the BBC decided they couldn’t afford to film the middle one, which is set in Hong Kong). So I reread the three books and watched both miniseries (embarrassingly enough, I watched the second one in one night—all six hours). It’s brilliant stuff, the books and the miniseries. So I’m a little tired tonight.
- I’m grateful for meditation practice. Life is better than ever, with a regular meditation practice and walking every day. Life is better!
And I’m grateful for my team of Gratitude Challengers, my companions on the gratitude journey.
Barbara is grateful that “planes can take you from one end of the country to the other pretty quickly.”
Belinda is grateful “for the beautiful red camellias outside my living room window.” And she gave me a tip about a restaurant that serves food that fits my kinda crazy diet restrictions.
I am blessed. And I send love and blessings to you all! From my heart to yours.