What do I do when I hurt? When I am sad? When I am in pain?
Well, after I wallow for a awhile—and luckily that *while* doesn’t last as long as it used to—I remember some things that save me from my own misery. I remember that my thoughts aren’t facts. I remember that these thoughts are not my friends. I remember that I can change what and how I’m thinking. I remember that stepping into gratitude, no matter how challenging that might be, saves my ass every time. Even when the only thing for which I can feel grateful is something like:
And really I’m grateful for so much more:
- There is so much love in my life
- I am blessed with loving friends and family
- My needs are met
- I am fit and healthy
- I live in a beautiful place
- The magnolias are starting to bloom already I can feel spring in the air and it’s only January
- The moon is nearly full in Cancer (full tomorrow), culmination and completion time
- I am useful and of service I reached out on Freecycle today and got some kombucha starter, easy!
- I have an ethical mechanic caring for my car
Life is good. I’m lucky. Blessed be!