I marched with my daughter and tens of thousands of other women and men this weekend.
I appreciated the shit out of the witty, fierce, snarky signs and slogans I saw everywhere I looked.
I even posted a few of the most amazing and sassy photos on Facebook.
But after only 24 hours, I stopped posting those pix. I stopped talking about them. I heeded the call to return to love instead. That’s why instead of me including some of the march pix here I’m sharing other images with you today. Read on to find out what they’re about.
As a Priestess who means business, I remember my purpose and my commitment. Every thought, word, and action is the most effective when it comes from love. And when I find that I’ve drifted off into negativity and in-your-face divisiveness, I return to love, return to love, return to love.
In layers of ever-deepening awareness, this is how my process unfolded, and what allowed me to return to love:
- My heart stopped me in my tracks, showed me that I was perpetuating negativity, and pointed me back to love.
- My heart reminded me that love — true unconditional love — excludes no one, not even those whom I might easily consider to be bad.
- My heart reminded me that every time I’ve done a lovingkindness meditation, the instructions are to keep widening the circles of love I’m sending out, wider and wider, until they encompass the world (yes, even the men in power who scare and anger me).
- My heart reminded me that I do my great work in the world much better and more effectively when my actions are aligned with my values, so it was a good time to rein myself back in.
- My heart reminded me of other more aligned options available to me.
As the wise Thich Nhat Hanh reminds us:
Each moment is a chance for us to make peace with the world. A chance to make peace possible for the world, a chance to make happiness possible for the world.
I saw passion ignited. I heard hope all around me. I felt the love in the smiles and hugs and wonder — while I was marching and later when I was reading the accounts of women in action all over the world.
What will happen next? What will your heart’s whispers invite you to do? (Sometimes whispers are far from quiet, at least in my case. Sometimes it’s more like a clarion call. Trumpets. Drums. Feet pounding out a rhythm.)
How will your Divine Feminine wisdom — skills, experience, legacy — be expressed in this critical time?
- Some of us will do more street actions, engage in politics, engage with politicians.
- Some of us will write, and sing, and perform, and raise awareness from a stage or an online platform.
- Some of us will create communities, and circles, and hold space for women to find their voice, channel their passion and badass strength into change-the-world actions.
As a woman whose consciousness was raised in the ’60s and ’70s, and who continued on to an ever-deepening spiritual inner journey…. As a woman who evolved into a heart-centered business priestess, I know what I’m particularly suited and called to do, and how I might best step into leadership and mentorship during this time of oh-so-necessary change. I know where to start.
It’s clear — last weekend’s marches made it crystal clear — that women are activated, present, and eager to protect rights and support each other.
I’m activated in new ways as well. I’m creating more ways for us to bring our badass selves together and rock whatever we are called to do to create change and empower each other, and those who are coming up after us.
I was called to create this space — sacred space for women to circle together.
Join us in the Moon Circles group — I am leading calls at each New and Full Moon that are crafted for us to support and be supported, listen and be heard, love and be loved. New Moon in Aquarius. Our call is on Thursday. Join us!
On each Moon Circles call:
- We will create safe and sacred space together.
- Each woman will get a chance to check in with her joys, completions, challenges, and fears.
- We will look at this New Moon together and discuss its particular, unique invitation to transformation and change.
This month’s theme — New Beginnings.
The New Moon in Aquarius is the one that comes each year just before the Lunar Chinese New Year. For me this New Year celebration, along with the early blooming magnolias hereabouts, are indications of Spring coming. Soon enough, I’ll see the first local asparagus and avocados at the market. And I can already see the increasing light and the Sun higher in the sky. New beginnings. Let’s get together in the Moon Circle and hold space for each others’ sacred intentions and new beginnings. As women. As sisters. What are we going to start for our world? In our businesses? In our lives? Join us on Thursday’s call!
As my friend Molly Gordon put it so beautifully today in her newsletter:
This is a time to radically change the discourse. I will do everything I can to be a stand for the safety and sacredness of all beings. I marched yesterday not to oppose Donald Trump but to stand up for all beings. I marched to bridge the divide, not to deepen it.
My heart, and the beautiful day, also reminded me to grab my kid while she was here and get our annual magnolias photos taken.
Good thing we remembered, because the bloom came early and almost no blossoms are left!
I started taking pictures of Rose with magnolias as a backdrop when she was a year old and for most of her life, we have continued the tradition every year. Magnolias are beautiful, they come early with fragrant beauty, and they have many healing qualities.
My gift for you today:
- Find the resonant next right action for you and honor the Divine Feminine.
- Find women you can support and who will happily support you, women who will hold safe space for you as you go and grow.
- Join us in the WiseWoman Circle and on the New Moon call this week!
What do you think? How was the Women’s march for you in your part of the world? Have any questions about the Moon Circles? Talk to me in the comments!