I’m delighted to explore the sacred and the profane, the challenges and the easy moments, and everything that might come up with you. Let’s explore.
Reverent. Creative. Practical. Simplified. Magical.
Whether your business is your wisdompreneurship or your humanpreneurship, you can bring your most regal, witchy, sovereign, priestess self to everything you create, every word you speak, and every action that you take.
I celebrate knowing that you can rock all of this:
- Your brand — from the name you use, to your logo and website, to your social media marketing, to the words you use and everything in between.
- Your business or practice and all its works — from its visual appearance to its presence in the marketplace to your interactions with clients and prospects.
- How you show up for yourself and your life.
Looking for the just-right combination of mad design skills, decades of experience, black-belt techno-geekery, and barely tamed hippie sensibility?
Welcome to this corner of my creative cauldron.
I’m guessing you’d like to know a bit more about me. Let's talk skills and experience so you can lean in a bit and see what resonates. I’m parting the curtains to show you some pieces of the mosaic of me that make me who I am.
I work at the intersection of deep inner-journey experience and crazy good knowledge of design, marketing, and branding.
I've been doing this work for fucking decades — my own inner transformational journey and the outer work in marketing, design, branding, and coaching. I'm not another me-too goddess business coach. I'm a sage in a land full of maidens.
I’ve learned how to bring the sacred, the magic, the ritual, to everything in life. When it feels easy (in a drum circle with your witchy sisters), and when it doesn’t (when you’re working on growing your business).
How does all this manifest in your life and in your business?
Coaching. In our conversations, we’ll go deep and we’ll go wide. We’ll go where you need and want to go. Together we can look at whatever might be feeling challenging, even heart-stoppingly difficult. There are some really interesting changes that come in the third third of life, and as you age you might feel more alone, less supported, and fear and stress might be frequent visitors. I am here to look with you at the innate resilience and guidance that’s present for you in every situation, no matter how hairy and challenging.
Design and branding. In our work together, you’ll learn how to integrate the depth of who you are into every nook and cranny of your brand, logo, colors, words... You will end up with a website that goes deep and is really reflective of your depth and who you are. You won’t get what you’re looking for with me if all you want is a glitzy shiny facade. But you will, I promise, get what you seek if you already have a transformational journey going on, and want support to integrate that depth, beauty, and meaning into everything you’re doing, creating, and manifesting.
Across the decades I’ve been working, I’ve put some serious skills together:
- I’m a typographer with a trained and practiced eye for detail. I worked in type shops. I know, understand, respect, and honor typography and all its beautiful rules and structures.
- I know what marketing campaigns are, how to do them well, and what not to do. I worked in and managed the studios of national magazines, and regional and national advertising agencies.
- I’m a brand whisperer. I’ve created branding and logo design for retail, solopreneurs, and tech startups. I know how to weave in your wisdom and your passion into every piece of your branding.
- I made my bones with print design. I’ve done it all: design, layout, copyfitting, print buying, project management, and vendor management.
- I live and breathe WordPress. I design, develop, and deliver user-friendly, easily editable (even by you if you like!) websites.
I've worked in corporate. I've worked with solos. I've seen a lot in my career. If you want the latest greatest stuff that's gonna be passé in a week then you shouldn’t hire me. If you want depth, if you want to be sure your wisdom and your passion is present in every piece of your marketing, then you and I should talk. And if you want your visual brand to be a reflection of you and your kickass amazing voice and heart (instead of some vision imposed upon you by a diva designer), then we should definitely talk.
Some of the juicy bits about me.
- The Magnolias West name: I’ve been taking pictures of my daughter with the magnolias in bloom as a backdrop since she was an infant — a lifetime creative project. Magnolias have healing energy (besides being a beautiful sign of spring and having such a lovely aroma!) — they’re used in Chinese medicine, with antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- The Magnolias West logo is handcrafted with love. The blossom comes from one of my photos, and the name is handwritten by me.
- I am most at home when I’m leaning on a redwood tree, or walking by the ocean, or on the dance floor in lead/follow lindy hop and blues bliss.
- I’m a crafter and a maker. I knit, paint, collage, sculpt, grow, cook, brew kombucha, make medicines (my own toothpaste, remedies) and beauty products.
- I’ve been on a deep spiritual inner journey since I began to meditate and study tai chi in the ’70s. I have — and use and teach — a deep toolbag of juicy and implementable transformational technologies. My work in the world is grounded in a strong foundation of frequently accessed inner practices. I'm a lifelong learner, studying and exploring life's mysteries.
- I’ve been clean and sober since 1991. Which means that for a very long time I wasn’t. Which means that I can meet you exactly where you are at. Are you a survivor of grit and trauma too? I will receive your darkness and celebrate your resilience and your light with love and compassion.