Days of awe
In the tradition of my birth, the days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are called Days of Awe.
Days of reflection and atonement. At-One-Ment. To me, it’s an especially good time to get in right relationship. With the beauty that’s all around you, in this now moment. With the love, safety, and mercy of the Divine that is already always present.
For today’s blog, instead of a story, I’m going to share some of the photos I’ve taken in the last few years, photos of moments of awe. And I invite you to share your moments of awe with me in the comments. If you want to share a photo, you’ll need to include the link to the picture in your comment. I will then upload the image itself. Yay for us and sharing what awes us!!
[update, edited for clarity] Here’s how to contribute a photo
Here’s what you do. Put the link to your photo (one you yourself have taken), or the page where I can see the photo, in your comment. I will then grab the photo and replace your link with the image itself. You can’t do it yourself, only the admin/site owner can (that’s me!!)
If your photo is on a page with more than one image, make sure I know which one to grab!!
A cathedral of cypresses
Ravens at Stonehenge
Magnolias in bloom
Fall foliage in upstate New York (I miss this so much!)
A first-growth redwood
Sunset from a sand dune
Jump in to the comments, gorgeous, and share what inspires awe in you. I can’t wait to see what you have in your heart!
- I am grateful for getting started on my audacious travel plans for 2014. Exciting!
- I am grateful for coconut ice cream pops. Delicious! Satisfies my sweet tooth with no dairy.
- I am grateful for a walk with my sister yesterday. Hot, sweaty, arduous, and full of laughter and love.
- I am grateful for a Rosh Hashanah gathering at my sister’s. L’shana tovah!
- I am grateful for getting a video done yesterday. Only takes me 2+ hours to do a 3-minute video. I’m confident I’ll get better at this. Someday! 🙂
What are you grateful for today, precious? Let me know in the comments.