Has your business become “that thing, over there…”?
That passion, your heart’s mission and soul’s purpose, got you going. That motivating conviction—that deep knowing—that you have a gift to share, a healing to offer, wisdom and experience to teach. And you decided to do it, to create and launch your business.
Taking that big audacious leap into the unknown, that’s huge! Regal. Powerful. Big-girl panties time, for sure.
And then what happened?
There you are with “A Business.” Gulp. And now your path is not only about your mission and purpose, now your path is full of things you must do.
- You must name your business
- You must create its brand and logo
- If an online business, you must create its website, marketing copy, offers, programs, social media marketing strategy and channels, and all the backend technology to make it possible for you to function and serve your tribe
- If you are actually selling things (your art, your craft, or some other retail goods) you have to decide: online or brick and mortar? where? how? inventory? fulfillment?
- You must get licenses and permits
- You must get your support systems in place: bookkeeping, accounting, mentorship
- You must manage your support team, or manage your manager
- And I’ve just scratched the never-ending surface here, haven’t I?
And somehow, along the way, your business can begin to morph into “that thing over there,” that thing that keeps you so busy with tasks, and worries. It can become harder and harder to stay connected to your business as a powerful manifestation of your passion, purpose and gifts—that very thing that you knew you were meant to do when you started. You may even begin to find that you’re forgetting that mission that drove you to start this in the first place.
What support systems do you have in place that help you both manage your business and remember that its sacred purpose is to be the vehicle that allows you to express your passion and purpose and be of service?
Luckily for us passionate women in business, there are so many ways we can support ourselves. My top three these days:
- My mastermind group, my posse of four other women businessowners and coaches who hold each other lovingly accountable to our highest good
- My business coach, who loves me while she’s holding my feet to the fire
- Prayer, meditation, divination—I know that my business is bigger than me, and I have a vast toolbag that I use to help keep me grounded and on my path. My inspiration altar, my tarot and oracle decks, and my work with astrology.
All of these, in daily and regular rotation, keep me pointed in the direction I am meant to be headed.
What support systems do you have in place? I’d love to hear from you in the comments.
Do you know your business has its own astrology, just as you do?
It’s just a wee bit early (maybe a week) to be telling you this now, but yes, your business has its own astrology and I’m too excited to wait any longer to talk about this! Based on the date, time and place you choose (was it your launch date? the day you had the first glimmer of your audacious idea? the day you registered your url?…), I will create a business chart and a natal chart for you, and together we can look at what the planets have to say about you and your beautiful business. What’s auspicious? What’s challenging? What surprising aha’s will you see?
If you look at the Business Astrology page now, you will see that it’s still under construction. It should be up by the end of next week, with lovely discounted pricing until the Winter Solstice. I will update here as soon as it launches, and of course, send lots of invitations.
Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aries
4:38 pm Pacific
7:38 pm Eastern
11:38 pm GMT
Some traditional names for October’s Full Moon are:
- Harvest Moon
- Kindly Moon
- Blood Moon
- Hunter’s Moon
- Nut Moon
- Blackberry Moon
- Moon when the beading and quilting is done
We’re coming up on a season full of powerful spiritual invitation
- It’s Eclipse season. We have Friday’s Lunar Eclipse—Aries Moon opposite the Libra Sun, to be followed by a Solar Eclipse in Scorpio on November 3rd. We get this “hold on, things are moving faster now” Eclipse energy twice a year, and much of what you’ve been working on for the past six months may come to fruition or turn a significant corner. This first Eclipse might bring out your more self-centered traits, and compel you take action, perhaps upsetting knocking Libra’s fairness and balance to the side in the last few days the Sun will be in that sign.
- Samhain is coming. Day of the Dead. The time when the veil between the worlds is thinnest. The time when your connection to your beloved dead may feel very strong. I know for me, I heard my mother yesterday. I heard her voice. Yup, Samhain is coming. How do you honor your ancestors?
- Mercury goes retrograde in Scorpio on Monday, the day before the Sun enters Scorpio. Breathe, and breathe again. This is good. My take on this retrograde is that it’s going to be illuminating, and amazing. The Shadow period was already really challenging for me, and I’m expecting improvement in all things Mercury during the retrograde period (ends November 10th). Still, precious, get your agreements done and your contracts signed before Monday if you can. Couldn’t hurt!
Fasten your seat belts, love. If you’re challenged by change, this next few weeks is going to present plenty of learning opportunities. Even if you love change, you will be presented with plenty of AFGOs (Another Fucking Growth Opportunity). It’s a powerful and potent season that’s upon us now.
How are you breathing through the powerful time? Talk to me! Leave a comment. We’re in this together.