“Gratitude should not be just a reaction to getting what you want, but an all-the-time gratitude, the kind where you notice the little things and where you constantly look for the good, even in unpleasant situations. Start bringing gratitude to your experiences, instead of waiting for a positive experience in order to feel grateful.” — Marelisa Fábrega, Writer, lawyer, entrepreneur, dream-weaver, alchemist, and dragon-slayer
I am so grateful!
- I am grateful for my business coach, her love, her faith in me even when I’m not feeling it, her sense of humor, her smarts. I am so blessed.
- I am grateful for my week away at Esalen. So beautiful!
- I am grateful for the Monarch butterflies all around, and that I was actually able to get shots of a couple of them with my iPhone.
- I am grateful for the light on the ocean, even during the gray foggy days (we had a total of three hours of sunshine, maybe).
- I am grateful for the joy in my heart after the retreat and the Buddha’s Brain workshop.
- I am so grateful for the chance to be at Julia Pfeiffer State Beach for the second time in my life, and to do my Mother of the New Time working on the beach on the day before the Full Moon.
- I am grateful for a day in Monterey on the way home…
- …and I’m grateful for a day at the Aquarium.
- I am grateful for the big-hearted love and support of my gorgeous clients and the passionate fierce they bring to our work together.
- I am grateful for the garden and for the work I did yesterday planting about five kinds of kale and spinach and chard and celery and tatsoi. Winter crops!
- I am grateful for the eggs from our chickens here. So delicious!
- I am grateful for an hour or so of contra dancing last night. Fun to learn something new.
- I am grateful for my sister Barbara and her love, compassion and caring. Oh, and her sense of humor.
- I am grateful for my gorgeous daughter Rose who fills my heart with joy.
- I am grateful for the health practitioners in my life, who support my healing.
- I am grateful for the practice of gratitude.
From the Gratitude inbox
Theresa is grateful for: Financial stability. Seeing how the world takes care of us when we take care of others
Feeling quite at peace this past week; trusting that emotions are impermanent and approaching my thoughts and feelings with self-compassion.
Ladybug is grateful for lots of bonding moments with [her son] Avery lately and a deeper understanding of how to create opportunities for those moments to happen, and having had the foresight and money to set up placenta encapsulation with local midwife who will come to the hospital to get it and is doing a rush order to help combat post partum depression.
Belinda is …”grateful that I found my purse. I had left it in Doris’ office—so discombobulated! She said that a lot of people left things. No big surprise.” And this very powerful one: “I am grateful that I have one eye that sees well. I went to the opthamologist to see why my right eye had blurry vision. He told me it was probably a condition “dot fingerprint dystrophy” (or something like that) which is unfixable. I sat in his office crying and feeling devastated for a few minutes. Then I thought of Awakening Joy, and gratitudes, and I felt so grateful that my left eye sees well.”
And Helen, a regular gratitude challenger, sent along her Vision Board and said, “After reading your email about harvesting this morning, I felt inspired to finally complete it today which I have done. Image attached. Thank you for your inspiration. I shall spend the next 6 days reflecting on it.
What are you grateful for in the morning, when you awaken? How do you pause and allow yourself to express gratitude during the day? Please share your gratitude right now in this moment by leaving a comment.