Full Moon in Sagittarius, Lunar Eclipse
Friday 5/24 at 9:25pm PDT
They say that this is one of the most powerful Full Moons of 2013. This eclipse has a SuperMoon, when the Moon is as close as it ever gets to the Earth, in a straight alignment with the Sun and Earth. The SuperMoon makes this Lunar Eclipse extra potent and important. Ooh, time to fasten seatbelts!
Some of the names different cultures use for this month’s Full Moon include:
Most of the names allude to the lushness and growth of this early Summer season, don’t they? (Yes, the way I see it, we’re already in Summer’s energy. Seeds have sprouted, I’m seeing flowers on the tomato plants and blackberry vines, days are getting longer and longer. Aaahhh, that sultriness, I love it.)
Sagittarius helps us weave our stories, myths and meanings
What stories are you telling yourself about this now moment? What do see as possible for you, for your community, for the planet? What do you say to inspire yourself and others to keep moving in the direction of your highest good?
With the Sun, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter now all in Gemini, the energy this week should start feel more fluid, changeable and undefined with fiery Sagittarius opposite airy, open-minded, fast-moving Gemini during this week’s Full Moon. This
invites us forces us to let go of the resistant death grip on stagnation we may have developed during the last cycle (all that Taurus-Scorpio energy can get pretty stuck and sludgy, believe me, as a Scorpio, I know!). Once you pop free, hopefully you’ll land on your feet—or at least bounce back to standing—and lighten up, be more flexible, less attached, nimble and open to change.
You’re gonna need that openness and nimbleness, because that stagnant energy is getting stirred up now and in that freed-up state, you may all of a sudden see more than one way to move forward. You gotta pick your path, find your way, listen for your own story and heed it, be guided by your inner GPS. Because, beautiful, no external person or force can make this decision for you.
There’s relief in this, isn’t there?
The inner planets are finally finished with their paralyzing dance with Saturn. Whatever was blocking you from moving forward with your intentions and plans is being released. The increasing awareness and openness you feel frees you to move forward. Despite any confusion about what might be best, choose a path and move in the direction of your highest good.
As long as the path you choose keeps you moving forward in the direction of your passion, and your growth, and your mission and purpose, you cannot make a bad decision. What’s next for you in your business, lovely? Now’s a really really good time to start!
Every Full Moon invites you to celebrate the progress you’ve made on manifesting the intentions you set on the previous New Moon. As this SuperMoon has waxed towards full, what have you taken on? What have you risked? And what sacred and audacious action is next? Please share what you’ve manifested with me in the comments.
Sharing my gratitude with you
- I’m grateful for my sister’s visit. I cooked a delicious lunch for us. I grilled a pork chop with fig chutney and added some carrots, zucchini and snap peas to the grill. Rounded it out with avocado and my sauerkraut. Yum!
- I’m grateful that I’ve learned how to find ease at yoga class. Today I woke up nearly screaming from the pain of intense muscle cramps. It was so bad that my back has been tweaked all day. I was able to use the time on the mat to move slowly and lovingly.
- I’m grateful for patience. My back is still tweaked, no healing yet. And I know it will pass.
- I’m grateful for the garden. I’m grateful for growing some of the food that I eat. This is huge. I’m from Brooklyn. Where produce comes from the supermarket. Or, in my case when I was growing up, from a frozen-food box.
- I’m grateful for how this gratitude practice helps me of value, of service, in my work and in my life.
What are you grateful for today? I’d love to know! Share a comment with me.