“A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most complete prayer.” —Gotthold Ephraim Lessing, German writer, philosopher, dramatist, publicist, and art critic
- I am grateful today for gorgeous bay area chilly and gray weather. July first and I’m wearing a fleece.
- I am grateful today for my friends and chosen family.
- I am grateful today for a beautiful ritual last night, honoring Sophia, Goddess of wisdom. Beautiful, reverent, powerful. Any time I can do ritual with my Bloodroot Honey sisters, well, there’s not much better than that!
- I am grateful that, in my first time as presiding priestess at a Full Moon ritual, things went pretty well.
- I am grateful for learning how to keep things going smoothly (by the powerful graceful example shown me by Rabbit and the others, even when, and especially when things don’t go exactly according to plan.
- I am grateful for a delicious time with my sister Barbara yesterday, walking around the farmers market, working out in the Pilates room, and most especially sharing lots of laughter.
- I am grateful for the good deal I’ve been offered by the Oakland Y, where I will be paying about 1/3 of what I was paying at Club One for fitness.
- I am grateful for the passes I bought for Club One that will allow me occasional Pilates workouts (the Y doesn’t have reformers, etc.).
- I am grateful for my new readers and subscribers to the Magnolias West mailing list. Powerful connections being made.
- I am grateful for laughing and smiling. Someone said, in her goodbye to me at the Herbal Symposium, that she prescribed three smiles a day. What a gift. I’m conscious of my smiles now, and doing more of them. And they feel so good!
- I am grateful for the young ones in my life. Went to Aidan’s third birthday party today at Aquatic Park. Lots of littles running around. Lots of smiling older folks, and a walking waving Minnie Mouse!
- I am grateful that my sister helped me find a used-toy store. I bought Aidan a gorgeous train car, which he properly loves.
- I am grateful to be connected to my daughter. She sounds good today and that makes my heart just glow.
- I am grateful for gratitude, yo.
From the gratitude challengers, this week:
I am grateful to learn about the enteric nervous system, the one in our gut, that is not connected to brain or spinal cord. So there is an actual system that gives us our “gut feeling,” our intuition about stuff. Something real. So science has a name for it.- acknowledged by scientists. Something like that.
Attending a 8-day Silent Meditation Retreat
The power of a group meditation
An afternoon to myself to get caught up on bills & filing
The perfect Sat. am schedule: run, zumba, swim lesson, library, lunch with family