“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust, French novelist, critic, and essayist
- Grateful for the rain. So grateful for the rain!
- Grateful for healing. The bad cough, often a harbinger of longlasting compromised lungs, seems to be backing off. Yes!
- Grateful for loving friends.
- Grateful that Rowan would go suss out a rental listing in Alameda for me.
- Grateful that my sister checked up on me.
- Grateful that Heidi and Jeff took me out for New Year’s Eve (Year of the Water Dragon, starting tomorrow) dinner. A veritable feast.
- Grateful for the walk around Oakland’s Chinatown today, sourcing lucky envelopes and schizandra and goji berries for ritual takeaways.
- Grateful that I completed Brighde’s Dark Mirror by making a copper Brighde’s Cross for the center of it.
- Grateful to be a fearless artist!
- Grateful for walking every day! A half hour a day, rain or shine.
- Grateful for my walking playlist.
And from my companions in gratitude, here are a few of the many gratitudes you shared that moved me this week:
from B: grateful for the sad feeling i get knowing that when she goes the whole generation above me is gone… (I assume I can be grateful for a sad feeling….b/c I am)
from A: my smiling, bouncing baby girl and a husband who doesn’t watch sports on TV from another B: I am grateful for the gorgeous red flower blooming outside my bedroom window—and, again, that I washed those windows. Such a pleasure to have clean windows. from K: I’m taking in the simplicity of the moment in.
Isn’t the spectrum of gratitude awesome? Love and blessings!