“On the first day of spring, I was raking the gravel off the grass. It was hard, and I was starting to complain to myself,” Hathaway says. “When I caught myself thinking, I switched over to ‘thank you.’ I remembered I really wanted to rake, and I wanted springtime. Gratitude practice for me is about letting go of thinking and welcoming in the present moment.” —Nancy Hathaway, senior dharma teacher at the Kwan Um Zen School and a family mindfulness consultant in Blue Hill, Maine.
I am grateful
- I am humbly grateful for the healing process, even if it means I feel worse before I’m gonna feel better!
- I am grateful to be so fully supported by my health practitioners (bless you Jan Hanson!).
- I am grateful for the wealth that allows me to invest in my health.
- I am grateful for the reliable technology (car, internet, that adds ease to my life).
- I am grateful for patience.
- I am grateful for my sister’s TLC.
- I am grateful for the juicy give and take in my relationship with my gorgeous daughter. This is a true miracle, yo. I am grateful for the cool days of autumn, and for the hint of rain today.
- I am grateful for my yoga teachers. I get so much out of their classes.
- I am grateful for my loving friends.
- I am grateful for smiles and laughter, especially for the increase of smiles in my life. Have you tried this? Smile every time you see your reflection a mirror. It’s as softening and heartening as a daily meditation practice. In fact, they make a great combination.
- I am grateful for the shift toward increased accountability in what I feed my psyche. Acknowledging and respecting the tenderness of my heart and soul means I can no longer watch a certain kind of violence. Latest to be dumped from my DVR: Boardwalk Empire and Sons of Anarchy. Great acting, but too hard on me.
- I am grateful for gardening. We’re putting in winter crops now.
Let’s see what’s in the Gratitude inbox
I am grateful for Steve (my boyfriend) and my one year anniversary on 11 Oct. He sent me flowers from Afghanistan and the most beautiful, heartfelt gift
I am grateful for developing a trust in the goodness of life-it’s a process!
I am grateful for self forgiveness and self compassion
My Mom is in the final stages of dying. I am grateful she will soon be released from her worn out body and mind.
I’m grateful I have my sibs to gather with as my Mom crosses over.
I’m grateful my employment is sympathetic to family leave.
I am grateful that Paul invited me to teach with him at Mills this Tuesday, Big Apple moves. I got so high. I got to do three things I love most: dancing, teaching and collaborating. I felt like Frankie [Manning], who used to say, when people remarked on how much energy he had, that he got it from the all the people in his classes. I am so happy to have inspired those young people, and made them laugh and smile and dance with each other. I am so happy Paul invited me. I like him a lot.
I am grateful to heal from my childhood stuff as I nurture and love my own child.
I am grateful for my experiences, even those of lack and pain, that have brought me to my calls for presence and love.
I am grateful for stepping into faith as Sophie was babysat by a man for the first time. With Dennis and I both having been sexually abused by men it was a conscious, slow, planned decision. Love and light!
We’re winding down our Gratitude Challenge year, and I want you to know that there are some spaces coming open in my coaching program. Are you ready, love, to find out how to align every aspect of your business with your heart’s mission and soul’s purpose? Don’t have your own business yet, but want to bring more of your thoughts, words and actions into balance with your best and highest? Want to know more? Reach out and schedule a Discovery Session. A gift from my heart to yours!