“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…. It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” —Melodie Beattie, author of Codependent No More
I am a grateful woman.
- I am grateful for the days and days and days of rain. It’s been such a pleasure to listen to and walk in. And living in the land permanent drought conditions, it’s a blessing to get so much rain.
- I am grateful for a lovely dinner out with Leslie. Yum. On more than one level.
- I am grateful for family. My sister arranged for our 81-y-o aunt to fly from Florida to spend a week at the assisted living place we used for our dad, to see if she’d like it. We all spent some hours with her today, helping to—trying to—ease her transition.
- I am grateful for the fact that, when one of the residents pointed to me and to my aunt and asked, “Which one of you is thinking of moving in here?” (which yes was completely appalling!), well I’m grateful that I am not the one contemplating this move.
- I am grateful for meditation practice, and commitment to ease.
- I am grateful for my sister Barbara, more and more every day.
- I am grateful for naps and extra sleep this weekend. Goes so well with intense rain!
- I am grateful for my daughter and our loving relationship.
- I am grateful for getting better and better and listening to my gut and intuition and being true to myself.
- I am grateful to my spiritual tribe, the Bloodroot Honey Priestesses, and the way we love and support each other.
- I am grateful for the Gratitude Challenge 2012. What a lovely juicy gratitude tribe! I am so grateful for you!! Keep an eye on your inbox, loves! By next week’s New Moon you’ll get an email newsletter from me with a special offer of the Magnolias West Year-End Completion and Release Workbook, and an optional special sacred session with me to review your completion work in ritual space and set a clear foundation for your most wonderful year ever!
I promise you, taking the time to do this completion work will remove the weeds and undergrowth from your path, so that your new start—goals, visions, blessings and miracles you will bring to 2013—will germinate, root and flower beautifully for you.
From the Gratitude mailbag
Belinda: I am grateful that there were not long lines or other airport stress on both ends of my trip to LA to see my sister and family.
Kim: I am grateful for listening to the ocean as I sleep and for one full night of uninterrupted rest. I am grateful for time in my husbands loving arms. I am grateful for a walk on the shore, watching the surfers.