The time to keep the energy inside.
The time to define one’s vision and put it in a safe place. This, this hibernation time, is what allows seeds of what’s to come to be strong, viable and fertile come spring, when the light comes back and the earth softens and new life appears everywhere that had looked dead, spent, done.
- I am grateful for everything. For every breath. For life. For warm sunshine in mid-November. For friends. For interesting and challenging clients and work.
- I am grateful for the means to buy local, fresh and healthy food.
- I am grateful for loving to cook.
- I am grateful for the loan of a car while mine is being repaired.
- I am grateful for strength, health and fitness.
- I am grateful for curiosity, generosity, sobriety and gratitude.
- I am grateful for immersion in beautiful French art: Cézanne, Picasso, Monet, Van Gogh and my new favorite—Denis—at the DeYoung. Hooray for construction at the Musée D’Orsay, inspiring a traveling tour of all this sumptuous art. If I were to picture the single word on the back of my imaginary team jersey, today that word would be Ease.