From The Art of Pilgrimage, an amazing book everyone should read before any journey that’s calling out to be made sacred:
Practice the arts of attention and listening
Practice renewing yourself every day
Practice meandering toward the center of every place
Practice the ritual of reading sacred texts
Practice gratitude and praise-singing
I love these!!
- I am so grateful for this blessed weekend. Celebrating a friend’s wedding. DJing and dancing at The Rent Party blues dance. Getting started on the design work for a new social networking travel site.
- I am grateful for the health practitioners who enhanced my health this week: Chris, my acupuncturist and Vicki, my body orchestration genius.
- I’m grateful that I decided to support my local knitting shop instead of buying yarn online. What a lovely experience. And what online shop will afford me the opportunity to wind my skeins into beautiful little balls? Think about it.
- I got my fancy romano beans in; the garden is set for crop 2, season 2010!
- I’m exceptionally grateful. The pile of stuff that I’m gathering for my trip is growing. I’m so excited!!!
- Life is a gift for which I am very very grateful!