Hug the Midline is a really good cue for staying connected to your core. In Pilates and Yoga (where teachers also talk about this), Hug the Midline teaches you to bring your focus to your center. It teaches you to stand tall, imagining a line drawn right down the center of your body, and drawing all your muscles and bones in, wrapping them around this line. This physical hugging adds to your balance, gives you soft, sustainable, connected strength. It’s a sensation I can tap into any time. Standing. Walking. Dancing. It really really helps my partner dancing!
When you connect to the strength of your core energy to support your body from within, you’re hugging your midline.
What a powerful image to use for the way you take a stand for yourself, not only in your body, but in your business, in your work/life balance, in your relationships, in your creative expression, in all of your life.
When you are standing tall, with the consciousness of your hugged midline, not only are you connected to the deepest core of your strength, but you are also connected to your core passion, your core mission, and your core purpose. You know your truth, you know what you really are meant to do. Standing tall, rooted to the earth, suspended from the heavens, head up, heart open. This is strength, the kind of strength that will sustain you through the days when things are difficult, challenging, not so easy. I know I have days like that, I think we all do. Makes every minute of developing this practice worthwhile.
I’d love to hear about your experience with this. Is Hug the Midline something you already work with? Is it new to you? Talk to me in the comments.
I am a grateful woman.
- I am grateful for getting to see my east coast Mastermind buddy, Sharon, at the hotel where we were each attending a business event on Saturday. Hugs, laughs, dinner. Perfect.
- I am grateful for my new client. I get to work with another healer to bring her work and her message to the world in her brand, and website and social media marketing channels. I am blessed!
- I am grateful for dancing! I went dancing for the first time in many months. And it was exhausting and so much fun! Two charleston classes and four social dances. Dancing brings me so much joy!
- I am grateful for Yelp. I found reviews for a pedicurist who specializes in fixing ingrown nails. She was terrific.
- I am grateful for a powerful lesson learned at the business training over the weekend. When I expect to hear a Yes I get more Yes responses. (Or the opposite, when I expect No, guess what I get?) Simple. Powerful. Exciting to own this!
- I am grateful for seeing Fruitvale Station on Friday. Opening day, second show. The theater crowded with locals. Seeing this movie about the Oscar Grant tragedy right here in Oakland, with my neighbors, hearing the weeping. Such a powerful experience.
- I am grateful for getting the home page fix done on Friday. Difficult, but do-able with the support of my WordPress crew.
I’d love to know what moves you to gratitude today. Please jump into the conversation, leave a comment. Thanks!