And what if it doesn’t matter?
I recorded this video this morning, on day seven since I got sick with a big respiratory thing (pneumonia, bronchitis, who knows?). I still feel weak, and woozy, and tired. That’s why I’m keeping this post short and sweet; don’t have much energy to speak of yet.
Peace of mind from the inside out, regardless of circumstances
I hope you give the video a look; there’s some good stuff in there about this game-changing realization: Circumstances do not define or make you; instead your inner landscape is the thing on which your outer experiences are built. Inside-out instead of outside-in. Learning about the three principles (as presented by Syd Banks and taught to me by Molly Gordon and many other brilliant folk) is allowing for so much more ease and so much less pain in my life even when I’m sick, or looking at my finances (scary stuff!). When I let go of my death-grip on worry and stress, my experience changes. Watch the video if you can.
To get me through this week and invite rapid healing, I’ve dug into my bag of life hacks.
You know what I mean, right? All the wise women I know have one. The remedies you can whip up from what’s already in the cupboard, or garden. The tools you’ve used in the past that might be helpful today. The things you can easily source and assemble to help you heal.
Life hacks for healing
Choose what’s simple and keep it simple.
This is the best thing about kitchen witchery — you may already have what you need in your cupboards, and if you’re willing to experiment with substitutions, you’re all set. Out of apple cider vinegar? For now, substitute another vinegar and add ACV to your shopping list (it’s so handy; I drink it, inhale it, add it to my bone broth, make toner with it, and pour some into my baths — this is probably an incomplete list).
Disclaimer, yo: I am not a doctor, nor am I stepping into any kind of role as an expert here. I am simply sharing what other wise badass women like you have taught me, and I would love to get more life hacks from you if you have some to share!
Here we go; the first two are life hacks I used this week, and then a couple of links for easy-to-implement healthy mouth hacks.. Enjoy!
- Inhaling steam to loosen mucus and relieve congestion. This is easy and it works. Just boil some water and put an inch or so into a bowl, add a few (just a few!) drops of essential oil, put a towel over your head, bend over and breathe deep. I’ve used peppermint, thyme, lavender, and eucalyptus this week; there are many more (I’m going to add tea tree).
- I remembered I have a set of acupuncture cups and I used them! I couldn’t reach my back very well (will ask my housemate to help next time I see her), but got some placed and (as you can see in the video) successfully got the chi moving. They say the redder you get the more the cups help.
- Oil pulling! I swear I haven’t had a dental problem (except staining) since I started doing this every morning. I love it. Here’s the post.
- Tooth powder. I’ve been brushing with tooth powder for years now, and it’s easy and liberating and so much cheaper! My recipe is here, and FYI I’ll use less salt next time.
- Three more practices that can enhance your wellness journey are in this article.
Wise sister, I’d love to hear from you. How do you hack your life and increase your ease? What have you noticed about peace of mind and the difference in feeling when it is not dependent on circumstances? Let’s talk!