Yes, inspired by Fran Sorin — and modified by me — Love Bombing 2014 took place on Valentine’s Day, and it consisted of me handing out beautiful red roses to strangers around Oakland’s Lake Merritt, with each interaction captured on video by my volunteer videographer.
You bet it was bold. Especially after the first two… I was turned down! The first two people I approached didn’t want to take a rose. I boldly kept going. Even though I was feeling daunted and self-conscious. I kept going, and it got to be so much fun!
You bet my execution was imperfect! I forgot to tell my volunteer videographer to take horizontal videos, not vertical, never ever vertical! And here I am sharing my imperfect, bold, love-drenched beautiful interactions with you. As I’ve learned from my best teachers, as long as I’m in it, in action, in the game, I’m coming out ahead. Even if I fail, I’m failing in forward motion.
So even though the video is not what I wanted, even though…I’m sharing three of the short videos with you right here, and if you’d like to see the other four, you’ll find the playlist here.
I hope this lands for you, in you, in the way it was intended. This was an incredible experience, and I’d love to hear from you what brave, bold, expressions of love you’ve risked, perfectly, imperfectly, or anywhere in between. Please let me know in the comments!
And now for a little Sunday gratitude
- I am very grateful that my health is improving. I would like to repeat this one a dozen times; consider it repeated. This is big, amazing, and such a relief!
- I am grateful that I’ve taken my foot off the gas in my business. I’m opening up more space for rest and healing, and allowing more imperfection in my actions. It — whatever it is, for example, the eBook I’m writing — doesn’t have to be a 10; it can be a 7 and still be useful.
- I am grateful for flowers in bloom everywhere, for dirt soft enough to turn, for local asparagus and avocados at the markets. I don’t think I can ever leave California!
- I am grateful for my new favorite TV show; I’m in the middle of binge-watching season 1 of Ripper Street. I’ve been a Matthew MacFadyen fan since MI-5. This is excellent television!
- I am very grateful for lovingkindness and compassion, in the embrace of the divine, in my own heart, and that which I receive from my loving friends.
I would love for you to share your gratitude with me. Please share what’s moving you to gratitude in the comments.