I’ve got three little stories for you today.
1. Marketing magic happens when you Unmask Your Brand and Shine Your Light.
When you do the work that allows you to really feel, connect with, and express your brand and how it reflects the best of you — your heart, your sense of mission and purpose, your skills, your passion and compassion — everything changes.
<< Take a look at Eva’s website before (the pages in blue) and the new website I’m working on with her (the bigger image — click to see it larger). Eva’s Unmask Your Brand journey and process with me brought out for her the words, themes, colors, fonts, and images that really help her tell her story. Can you see and feel the difference? I’d love to know what you think.
2. There are so many gifts that come from working with and for the people you know you are meant to serve.
Some of the things I notice:
- In working with healers and changemakers I get healed and changed in deep and wonderful ways. This is so much different than how it was when I was working for anyone who wanted to hire me. Afraid I’d never have enough, and taking anything I could get, I ended up with all kinds of energy, levels of consciousness, and vibration coming my way. This simply doesn’t happen any more. I trust the Divine, I take the work I know I am meant to do for the women I am meant to serve. With Eva, for example, I’m helping her by writing her marketing copy, and since she’s a healer I had a session with her to get an accurate take on her words, her phrasing, and her heart. In doing so, I got the benefit of her full presence and healing energy — such a gift! Plus I’m getting paid.
- When working on a brand and website (or other marketing work) for a client, deadlines and changes can be stressful. Taking what I’ve learned from my amazing heart-centered business teachers, I start each project with a set of commitments to which me and my clients agree. In these commitments I promise to be present and resourced for our meetings; I commit to being open to discussing misunderstandings and upsets; I ensure confidentiality; I take a stand for partnership and collaboration; and I ask for my client to agree to let me be the teacher and the coach. I create safety for both of us so that we can rest into the knowing that we stand shoulder-to-shoulder looking at whatever needs to be handled together.
- I look forward to my work, every day. I am thrilled when I get to meet with a client or do work that helps me help each of them shine their beautiful light. When work is so attractive and compelling, balance, health, fun, ease, and relationships fall right into place as well.
3. Mercury retrograde (Rx) September 17 – October 9
This Merc Rx is particularly interesting to me because it spans the High Holidays — Jewish New Year and Days of Awe and Introspection.
For years now I have thought of Mercury retrogrades as an especially good time to notice things you may have overlooked before; to re-evaluate, re-commit, re-form, re-think, and re-invent. Anything and everything.
I think there’s a lovely alignment here. This is the first time in my life that I’m seriously exploring and enjoying Judaism — the religion of my birth — and I am already in that energy of evaluation and commitment. How fitting to have these two similar themes coinciding. L’shanah tovah (may this year be full of goodness and blessings)!
I’d love to know what you think. Please talk to me in the comments. Blessed be!