I’m starting an experiment.
You see, I pay close attention to the cycles of the Moon. I notice energetic shifts that correspond with where we are in the Moon’s monthly journey. One example is how the Dark Moon time lends itself to introspection while the Full Moon time lends itself to more activity.
The experiment: A blogpost about each New Moon and Full Moon, right before they hit. I’m hoping you’ll find something useful in what’s going on in the heavens, something that might help you focus your own work, your planning of beginnings and endings, your intentions of when to act and when to hold off for a bit.
In each 28-day cycle of the Moon, the energy and promise of the Full Moon is one of completion and culmination, the fulfillment of whatever it is you began at the New Moon, two weeks before. Rinse and repeat.
The Full Moon is always an invitation to examine the balance (or lack of balance) in our lives between the energy represented by the Sun and the energy in opposition to that, represented by the Moon, which is big and full in the sky, reflecting the light of the Sun.
Please let me know (in the comments, in email) what’s useful in these articles, and what’s not. I promise not to get too astro-geeky on you!
Friday’s Full Moon is in Pisces, opposite the Sun in Virgo.
With Virgo and Pisces, here are some of the issues you may notice. The Sun’s in Virgo, the sign that is the home for our day-to-day work, routines, health and the need for order and discernment. And the Moon is in Pisces—more visionary and spiritual, more disordered, more concerned with the big picture. How do you honor and express your spirituality while showing up for the details and responsibilities of your everyday life?
It may be difficult to achieve balance between these two energies, but it’s worth it. Because if you don’t you may find yourself leading an overly structured, overly detailed, and overly safe life, or living in so much spontaneity that it feels like chaos.
Pisces also rules the 12th House in your astrological chart—the house in which you do your inner work. What deep hurts are you being called to heal? Your physical body? Emotional wounds? A misunderstanding in work or with your loved ones?
One more little astrological thing.
On Friday, Mercury moves into Virgo (a sign it rules, until September 16th), where it shines a light on Virgo’s emphasis on health, healing, work and service. You might feel more analytical and methodical than usual. Use this energy! Those tax records you’ve been neglecting? Your files? Now is a perfect time to do that detail work. Spend some time on systems for your business. If you want to improve efficiency, this is a really good time. Health too. Have you been tolerating a health issue? This is a great opportunity to deepen your healing work.
Ways to use this beautiful Virgo Sun / Mercury energy and the soulful Pisces Moon
- Spend some time during this Full Moon window asking yourself how you can best be of service. What can you do to better align your heart’s mission and your soul’s purpose in your work?
- How can you express your spirit, your vision, and your dreams in everything you say and do in your business and in your life?
- What’s unexpressed? What can you gently expose to the light, trusting your own intuition and the universe. What action can you take that you’ve been reluctant to take?
I meet with my ritual group at each Full Moon and in circle we share what we’re grateful for in the last Moon cycle (what we’ve completed, learned, garnered), and what we are manifesting in the coming Moon cycle (new projects and intentions). Or sometimes, if I can’t get to circle, I do this work at my own altar.
How do you mark your progress, celebrate what you’ve gained, and release what no longer serves you? What would you like to add to make your Full Moon observance more potent and intentional?
How is this landing, gorgeous?
Is it useful? Want more details? Less? Let me know.
And now for some bedtime gratitudes…
- I am grateful today for doing some deeper healing work, for the classical homeopathic treatment I had yesterday.
- I am grateful for the back to back to back to back wonderful coaching calls today.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to be coached by Molly Gordon in her teleclass. What a gift!
- I am grateful for the women who are writing guest posts for this blog about their own gratitude practices. See their inspiring articles here and here.
- I am grateful for a phone call from my daughter. She just wanted to talk to me, to bounce her challenges off of me. She didn’t want anything else, no money, nothing. This is huge!
- I am grateful for my new partner in a collaboration that will be a lovely juicy teleclass in November, about maintaining balance in the holiday season (more soon!).
- I am grateful for the abundance of the garden.
- I am grateful for how this practice of gratitude sinks into my heart, melts its crusty hard protective coating from past wounds, and allows softness and vulnerability.
- I am just plain grateful!