The Solstice happened last night. The Wheel has turned.
Solstice means “sun standing still,” they say. To me it’s a sacred pause.
A sacred pause that is a reminder and teacher. A sacred pause in which to listen, and to receive.
You may receive a question. Or a message. Or something that is beyond words.
For me this Solstice feels like a culmination moment. I’ve been unfolding like a flower for the last couple of months (since the move). I’m doing things I was reluctant or afraid to do before, and reaching deep down inside myself for the willingness to keep going deeper.
What came to me in last night’s sacred pause was Yes!
A big Yes in response to all the No’s I hear in my head. You know the ones I mean?
- No you can’t — you are too old!
- No you won’t be able to — you’re too difficult.
- No No No No No!
To which I say what I heard in the sacred pause: Yes I can. Yes I should (even though it’s daunting sometimes). Yes I must!
One more thing about the sacred pause.
Solstices happen twice a year, but we get growth opportunities all the time.
Learn the value of the sacred pause and use it in any moment of indecision, stress, or worry.
- Pause to recenter, to reconnect to your resilient core — whole, perfect, and complete in every moment.
- Pause to remember. Take a few minutes before finishing a heated conversation and remember who you really are and what you really need (you may be surprised by what occurs to you). You can cool down and return to feeling grounded, safe, and loved and then, when you try again, expect miracles.
- Pause to release. Take a moment to ask yourself “how important is it?” before making a decision or giving a response. This one helps me return to “I’d rather be happy than right” with ease.
Want more about Solstice? A deeper dive?