Full Moon in Virgo
10:08 am Pacific
1:08 pm Eastern
This Full Moon in Virgo offers some serenity, some calm before the storm
Please, dear one, take that breath.
By the time April rolls around, you may find it a bit harder to access that serenity, and that calm.
First, of course, let’s remember that every Full Moon is a culmination moment. This is the time to look back over the last couple of weeks, and acknowledge with gratitude what has come to pass, how you have manifested your intentions. Under the light of this Full Moon this weekend, take some time to bask in her glow and express gratitude for what has come to pass, and state your sacred intentions for the coming lunation.
You can do this on your own, or you can circle with other women… However you choose to mark this moment, know that I will be marking it with you, and that our regal selves are connected on our journey.
- The Moon is Full in Virgo, opposite the Sun in Pisces, which asks us how well we are integrating our spirit with our work. We get to look at the unity of our sacred essence with our commitment to being useful — this is the Full Moon that invites us in a very deep way to be of service now.
- Virgo is the only constellation in the galaxy that is depicted as a woman, and is a Virgin in the sense that she is a complete being in her own right, belonging to herself. She is also the Goddess, the Sacred Feminine, the Great Creatrix. Each of us — of any gender — can find and reclaim our Sacred Virgo Feminine and belong to and be accountable to our own selves. We can see, feel, taste and own who and what we are meant to be, do and give.
- Virgo’s greatest gift is discernment, which helps us see, know and accept who we really are. Of course, we will do best to rock this skill of discernment if we can avoid Virgo’s dark side and not get sucked into the need to be fucking perfect! In my own natal chart, Saturn is in Virgo, and makes a square aspect to Mars, which, if I let it, leaves me making myself crazy about the details at the expense of finishing what I have set out to do. Let me share this wisdom with you: embrace the imperfect, it’s so freeing! Let this Full Moon support you as you take actions that support your business, and let go of the idea that they have to be perfect.
As Harry Truman said, “Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction.”
- For the astro-geeks in the house, or at least the ones who can get their hands on their chart(s), check and see what you have at or aspected to 26 degrees Virgo. For me, this Moon lands right on my Saturn and squares my Mars. I will be taking more time than I think I need, whether I want to or not.
- When you’re balanced in the Virgo energy, you’re primed to get shit done. In this space, you can see and feel your tasks as sacred, and when you turn your attention to the details of your life — like finishing your taxes — you can get a lot accomplished.
- The Virgo-Pisces opposition invites ceremony and ritual. This is a potent Full Moon for connecting to the Divine. I’m going to create a Full Moon water. Tonight (Saturday) I’m placing a bowl of water outside so it can charge overnight. Then tomorrow, I will cook with it. If you use the water within 24 hours, it’s perfectly safe. Or you can water seedlings or plants with it.
- Which reminds me, how are you doing with the Mars retrograde? We’re ending week two of ten of Mars Rx in Libra (not a happy placement for get-it-done Mars. I have been getting that “slow down whether you’d like to or not” message over and over again since this Mars party began. I broke two glass jars the first day, one in a hard-to-clean place, and it contained my favorite and pricey tea. I nearly fried my iPhone because my car charger was in spilled tea in the cup holder. I updated my iPad without backing it up and it froze. When I plugged the iPad into my laptop to restore it to an 11-month-old backup, it fried my iPhoto library. I lost my wallet with $135 and my brand-new 23-year AA sobriety chip. All those things resolved, I even found the cash, but much unplanned time needed to be spent to resolve them. Plan for the unexpected, because I think it will just keep happening! Allow for more time than you need.
- Name this Full Moon in a way that works for you! I’m calling it the Sacred Feminine Moon. Some traditional names for this Full Moon are Fish Moon, Sleepy Moon, Big Famine Moon, Sap Moon, Crow Moon, Windy Moon, Moon When Eyes Are Sore from Bright Snow, Chaste Moon and Death Moon.
The calm before the shit gets real
Enjoy this Full Moon, lean into it. Enjoy the last week of the Sun in Pisces. Give yourself the time and room to get as spiritually grounded as you can, because the Spring Equinox, when the Sun moves into Aries here in the North will as usual fire things up.
But that’s just the beginning
The intense Cardinal Grand Cross begins the first week in April. This involves Mars, Pluto, Uranus and Jupiter, and a New Moon in Aries. This challenging configuration is in effect now and will continue to build until the Grand Cross is exact on April 23 and 24, when all four planets are at thirteen degrees (a number associated with deep transformation). How will you move through these big shifts? Will you feel these energies as loving whispers and suggestions from the Divine, or will you feel buffeted about by forces you don’t understand? Again, if you have your chart(s), you may want to look at what’s at 13º to see how these energies may manifest for you.
The more you can leverage the energy that is being offered to you now, the more you can absorb and embody the courage, deep love and energy that the Full Moon is offering, the better off you will be as these changes build and come into being.
I am being more than usually astrological in today’s post, I think.
Do you find it useful? What are you taking away from what’s going on during this Full Moon? What actions are you taking for your business and for your beautiful self that this Full Moon can support?
I’d love to hear from you! Talk to me in the comments, thanks!