The holidays are over, and now…here you are, in life, back at work, with that powerful visioning and intention-setting you did during the Solstice–New Year.
What are you going to do with those visions and intentions now? How will you keep those intentions and prayers present in your daily life and work?
Did you write intentions? Resolutions? Did you make a treasure map or collage? Did you journal? I know for many years I would devote New Year’s Day to doing vision and intention work, and then I would hang the piece on a wall (if I had made art) or put my journal away, and the intentions would fade into memory as daily life resumed.
I’ve been on a long journey with yearly visioning and intention-setting. Last year the focus was aligning resolutions with your heart. The year before I told you why resolutions don’t work (they don’t!)
For me, this year, I was inspired by one of my Possibility Posse (that’s my Mastermind!) members, who mentioned Janet Connors’s mandala work. I watched one of Janet’s videos and was inspired to create two pieces, which you see here. And the thing I love so much about the way Janet teaches this is that I have these pieces set up at my inspiration altar, where I can see them when I work.
That’s the big and powerful difference…I’m using these pieces I created at the New Year in my daily prayer routine.
I’m making a conscious connection to these prayers and intentions every morning, keeping them alive as I go…As I light my candle each morning before beginning my work, I’m singing the seven prayers that are written on each piece.
The prayers on my 7-petaled lotus in the mandala are these:
- My work reflects sacred intentions
- Every thought, word and deed comes from love
- I turn to the divine in prayer
- I work and create in sacred space
- I focus only on the good
- I am generous
- I am grateful — for everything
And then there are the chakra affirmations, which called to me because I’m doing a kundalini healing practice every day.
I want to hear what your 2014 intentions are and how you are using them in your life. Please talk to me in the comments.
I am so grateful!
- I am grateful for spacious lovely visits with friends over the holidays
- I am grateful for the gorgeous sunny weather (bring on the rain, bring on the rain, bring on the rain!)
- I am grateful for my health team, and for the suggestions (strong, strong suggestions) from my acupuncturist to release discouragement, get back on my feet, do more t’ai chi. roll out and bang on my sore muscles. I have had much fewer calf cramps, less pain in my legs and the ankle swelling seems to be receding. Phew!
- I am grateful for a slew of good movies this holiday season.
- I am guiltily grateful for having illegally binge-watched the first two BBC Sherlock episodes yesterday. So good!
- I am so grateful for my neighbor’s collage-making gathering on New Year’s Eve.
- I am grateful for my beloved daughter and sister.
- I am grateful for small gifts given and received, tokens of love.
- I am grateful for a lovely New Year’s morning yoga class with my favorite yoga teacher.
- I am grateful for following my heart, for being aware, for hearing my heart, for being true to myself.
- I am grateful for being of service—joyful, healing service.
What are you grateful for, precious soul? Talk to me in the comments, please, I love talking with you!